Monday, April 20, 2009

early works

This is one of my early works contructed from three acrylic circles. I glued the these circles into a 3d sculpture. I was interested in the relationship between the base and sculpture body connection.


This idea came from a foundation of Architecture. I used a pyramidal mirror to reflect the ground so it looked to be lifted.


I name this work "the window and the wall". I made a positive piece and a negative piece to represent a realistic world and a psylogical world. It's one of the works for my graduation show. And at that time I felt it's hard to see the future.



This work is called "Practice". The book is the theory, and the nails means practice. It is a perfect combination of the the theoretic knowledge and the practical knoweledge. I was also interested in the shape of the book, in which the lines and words look abstract.
The spine leaning to a chair.

No comments: