Saturday, March 8, 2008

Some interesting works by Gottfried Helnwein, Maya Lin, Rene Veenhuizen and Tejo Remy

Thoughts from the exhibition on Tuesday, 03/04/2008:
I don't really like Gottfried Helnwein's work until I saw this picture. The artist wants to express the two co-existing aspects of our society: the beauty and the violence. The comparison of the innocent girl and the fearful blood exhibits the stunning conflict.

I remember in Gottfried Helnwein’s speech he said he liked trying different materials in his work since there would be more possibilities. I believe the material is an interesting language, which makes art more creative and thoughtful.


This is one of Maya Lin's work that I liked. It is interesting to use the fragile glass to make different shapes of the rock. These rocks look so beautiful.


I happened to see this design work by Rene Veenhuizen and Tejo Remy in a magazine which inspired me a lot. There are some benches inspired by the process of cell division (ex. deep-sea Chandelier). Each seating unit is unique; each shape represents a different stage of growth. It's interesting to transfer the tennis ball to comfortable benches.


No comments: